Metzeler has launched a very important new tyre for the Sports Touring market yesterday, the Roadtec 01
– Developed to offer class leading levels of grip in all weather conditions, perfect for Sports Touring, Naked/Sports bikes and Adventure machines.
– Gives high-mileage and consistent ‘wear’.
– Offers great stability at high speed and with the bike fully loaded.
– Is the successor to the well-known Roadtec™ Z8 Interact™ although it has been developed from a completely new set of criteria, hence its all-new 01 designation and features a totally redesigned tread pattern.
– Specifically the front tyre has grooves that are more transversal with respect to the rolling direction of the tyre. This has made it possible to increase the ‘mechanical grip’ on slippery surfaces and in different riding situations.
– The contact area with the tarmac is now wider and shorter and, working together with the 0-degree steel-belt technology of all Metzeler-branded products, guarantees higher mileage and long lasting performance ie no ‘sudden drop in grip as the tyre wears.
– A Heavy Weight Motorcycles (HWM) version is available, offering greater stability for heavyweight Tourers used with luggage.
– The tyres will be available from January in all major sizes for this area of the market. Price TBA
The ethos of the tyre is to enjoy or ‘TAKE THE ROAD’ so to this end the tyre will be featured at ‘48 Hours on The Road’, a non-stop marathon of the best motorbike travel films from the New York Motorcycle Film Festival. The event will be held at the Deus Leica Theatre of the Milanese Deus ex Machina flagship store in Milan 7 p.m. on 16 November and end 48 hours later!